Contrary to what back-to-school commercials want you to believe, there’s still time to properly enjoy the summer. Have a picnic, head to the beach, or throw a party to celebrate the season’s end! At a recent tropical-themed fete, I made a fun craft that perfectly embodies the spirit of summer.
Gold spray paint can make an ordinary object look outstanding. Case in point: this golden pineapple DIY centerpiece. Fruit centerpieces are quite popular. To easily elevate typical table decor, merely add a touch of sparkle and shine. This darling centerpiece not only uses readily available materials, but it’s also a snap to create.
I just love finding beauty in the simple things.
Golden Pineapple DIY Centerpiece
What You Need:
- 1 can of gold spray paint
- 1 pineapple
- 1 garbage bag or painting tarp
- protective mask and gloves
1. Lay an opened garbage bag or painting tarp outside on the lawn. Or, set up your work station in another well ventilated area.
2. Place the pineapple on top of your work surface.
3. Spray paint the entire pineapple, making sure to reach in between the crevices of the leaves.
4. Let the pineapple dry outside for about thirty minutes.
5. Arrange the golden pineapple with other flowers and use as centerpiece.
*Note: Use protective gloves and a face mask while spray painting.
One can of spray paint can coat about seven pineapples. Make a few and group them together for a statement-making spread. The pineapples can certainly stand alone, but they can also act as focal points for flower-based centerpieces. Plus, they’re perfect for all sorts of occasions!
I’ve never pondered the beauty of a pineapple before this little project. But when the paint dries, a gorgeously gilded pattern reveals itself. Isn’t it just lovely? The only downside to crafting with perishable items is that you can’t keep your creations forever! Seriously, there’s something so enchanting about golden pineapples!
Say goodbye to summer in style and give this DIY centerpiece a try!